Energy Efficiency & Conservation Technologies, LLC (aka EECTech) is a veteran owned Rancho Cucamonga, California based company that performs Home Energy Rating System (HERS) I third-party inspections when verification of duct sealing, high quality insulation, refrigerant charge, airflow measurement, air handler fan watt draw, and building envelope sealing measures are used to comply with Title 24, Part 6, of the Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
EECTech also performs Building Performance Institute (BPI) home analysis and HERS II California Whole-House Home Energy Ratings to provide energy efficiency ratings for existing and newly constructed residential buildings that include single-family homes and multi-family buildings of three stories or less. The new HERS II regulations establish a systematic process for the delivery of whole-house home energy ratings that provide California homeowners and home buyers with information about the energy efficiency of the homes they live in or homes they are considering for purchase. The ratings also provide evaluation of the cost-effectiveness of options to achieve greater energy efficiency in those homes. The BPI home assessment approach encompasses safety testing of combustion appliances as well as the identification of common building envelope problems that reduce efficiency, air quality, comfort, and occupant health and safety.
The company′s founder and owner, W. J. ″Pete″ Peterson (B.A. Psychology and Sociology, M.S. Human Relations) is a 27 year USMC veteran and has 40 years of combined engineering, environmental compliance, energy and resource conservation experience. Our goal is to provide state-of-the-art equipment and technologies in third party field diagnostics & verifications, and to assist others with identifying and implementing energy efficiency measures. We promote the prudent use of energy that invests in the economy and conserves the environment. Our company is dedicated to improving the energy efficiency, durability, comfort, health and safety of homes.
Services We Provide:
- Duct Sealing Test (basic duct leakage of new installations or alterations)
- Blower Door Test (envelope sealing and relative home leakiness measurement)
- Refrigerant Charge Verification
- Air Handler Fan Watt Draw (power draw of the furnace fan and other home air handling units)
- Cooling Coil Air Flow Inspections (total system air flow measurements)
- EER Verification (installation and compatibility of specified EER equipment)
- High Quality Insulation Installation (QII visual verification and weight per sq. ft. measurement)
- Combustion Safety Tests
- Photovoltaic/Solar System Field Verification & Diagnostic Testing
- Special Energy Programs Field Verification & Diagnostic Testing
- Energy Assessments (Whole House Energy Rating)
- Building & Envelope Shell Analysis
- Multi-Family Buildings (Low & High-Rise) Energy Assessments
Our Energy Efficiency Services extend from Rancho Cucamonga in the Inland Empire throughout all of Southern California.
A SMALL BUSINESS WITH BIG TECHNOLOGIES